Phonics Is Phun Gr. 2-4
Phonics Is Phun
A multi-sensory interactive class based on the Wilson Language Training program for 2nd, 3rd and 4th Graders
The goals of this workshop are:
- Increase phonological awareness through blending and segmentation of sounds, syllable splitting and phoneme manipulation. All of these are necessary components for success in reading.
- Improve decoding and stop the guessing habit. Students will learn the 6 syllable types in the English language and rules of how to divide multisyllabic words.
- Improve spelling by exploring sound options and using phonics rules. A daily visual drill, auditory drill and blending drill improve spelling and decoding.
- Improve reading through practice in applying phonics rules to a text. Games and other activities will provide a fun way to practice.
- Improve writing through sentence dictation and activities designed to apply spelling rules in writing.
Phonics is Phun – Grades 2-4 – Winter 2014
- Meets 6 Saturdays, January 25th to March 1st
- 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Meets at Grace United Methodist
- Tuition: $230 for nine hours of instruction
- A non-refundable deposit of $50 is required for each class. This deposit applies towards tuition payment.